Advertisement

Drain

topic posted Fri, November 28, 2008 - 11:18 AM by  Ronzoni
Share/Save/Bookmark
How do you cope with energy drain? Everything I'm involved with ATM seems to be draining away my life energy. What do you do to recharge your precious Chi?
posted by:
Ronzoni
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: Drain

11/29
    I agree with the wine and solitude. I would also add writing and playing the guitar and a lot of music.

12/01
      sleep, detox, superfoods, self pamper, stretch, swim, be gentle and loving with self, hydrate, get lush massage, walk in nature, get a free tree chi transmission....

12/01
        Thank you all for the great suggestions. Sometimes circumstances can be draining, and I'm doing everything I can to adjust to or change those circumstances if I can.

I would play music or write some, but my Muse has been held hostage by my emotional assault. Usually the notes and chords channel right through me like a message from beyond, but the channel has been closed for a while. I better tune that channel back in soon, have a show coming up this weekend!

My magical blue healing aura is waking up slowly, it's watery energy picks me up when I am hurt and down. Lately summoning it's energy drains me as well. But I'm strong inside and muster the spirit. I'm carrying on by sheer force of will at times lately, but I carry on none the less.

12/04
        <get a free tree chi transmission.... >

I have no idea what this is, but it sounds marvelous!

12/04
          take a walk in the woods alone until you find a tree that draws you in, be with it, lean against it or sit in one of it's nooks or climb it and just be with that deep pulsation of grounded solid slow rooted life, forget time ah yeah nap and dream walt whitman knew a thing or two..sending you out some reiki my friend, some deep peace
  • Unsu...

Re: Drain

12/01
    Re-prioritize your life and figure out what things are draining you. If it's your job, find a way to get a new one or rejuvenate your position to make your job more enjoyable. If it is people within your life, then perhaps you need to shave away those people who drain you. If it is just not enough ME time, then MAKE the ME time and engage in activities that make your heart sing.
    • Unsu...

12/01
      Oh, and GET ENOUGH SLEEP!

You would not BELIEVE how much not enough sleep can drain your energy.

12/02
        Sleep is nice at times but I go a lot with out it. More sleep just leads to more bad dreams. LOL
        I find that I am more creative or at least more truthful when I go with less rather than more sleep.
        • Unsu...

12/02
          If you suffer from bad dreams, then you have more problems than any of us can help you with. I would highly suggest finding a good therapist to help you suss out what is bothering you so much. Nothing helps more than being able to have a guide through the bad parts in our lives. Trust me, I know.

Blessings,
          Mama Gaea

12/04
        <Oh, and GET ENOUGH SLEEP!

You would not BELIEVE how much not enough sleep can drain your energy. >

This is so true. I FINALLY slept through an entire night last night. I've been waking up 1 or 2 times a night from pure stress, and it has been wreaking havoc with my energy and focus. Stress has been this invisible enemy I've been grappling with in the dark wee hours of the morn. I feel vaguely humanoid this morning thanks to 6 solid hours of slumber.

I need a "Get Out Of Stress Free" card...

12/10
          Ron,

It's so common for me to wake up at least 1-2 times EVERY night due to horrible nightmares. I def agree with lack of sleep draining your energy!! I've been doing some psychic energy practice with my aunt (who is a psychic) and it worked wonders!
          I've been able to close those "psychic energy draining" doors and sleep peacefully for months now. I feel like a whole new person.

Cassie
      • Unsu...

12/18
        Exercise! Energy creates energy.
        I've been getting back in the pool and swimming a lot lately, and it seems that water makes everything better. My mind is clearer, my body feels good, and all the stressful challenges start to seem like fun games that I KNOW I can win.

12/18
    Pressure, pure bone crushing pressure. The pressure to perform, to succeed, to carry on when all the odds are against you. I put tremendous pressure on myself to do all these things. Jupiter calls me to expand, to grow and create more for myself. Inside I know that I need to take a break, to stop driving myself so hard, but now is not the time to sit back and relax.

Every move I make is crucial, every decision vital. My brain is burning under my hair. My touch is like lightning, my thoughts race deep in the night when I try to rest.

I long for kindness, comfort and peacefulness. But instead I get anger, neglect and disappointment from all around. I try so hard to not let the failures knock me down, but I find myself laying on the floor all the time, blindsided by fate. A vast emptiness grows and grows in my soul, making me into a cold being. My precious inner fire sputters and fizzles.

My spirit is crumpled like a bronze shield that has taken too many direct crushing blows, but it doesn't break. I'm battered but not broken. My will to survive carries me when my legs fail.

12/18
      ...sounds like the 9 of Wands.

www.learntarot.com/w9.htm

12/18
        <..sounds like the 9 of Wands.

www.learntarot.com/w9.htm>

You shoot arrows of truth that usually hit me between the eyes Maggie. Right now my motto is "Never Give Up". The moment you give up, you lose.

12/18
          Yah, what Anandahaze said....and from my Spiritual Pal, "Don't Forget To Breathe" and to connect with your own Higher Self. Even during the busiest days (or nights) we can take a pause, to take a breath, go outside, touch the Earth, stretch, center yourself, breathe again, breathe....and feel yourSelf expand......OCEANIC!!!

(and don't be afraid to say "no" to things that aren't really essential.)
    • Unsu...

01/27
      I so hear you - I'm feeling the same thing and think I need to stay away from people for a little while - maybe treat myself to the hot springs and relax, and enjoy.

01/28
        <I so hear you - I'm feeling the same thing and think I need to stay away from people for a little while - maybe treat myself to the hot springs and relax, and enjoy. >

If I didn't have so much crap to deal with today, I would LOVE to relax in a hot spring. Stare off into the clouds and daydream a day away...
  • dee
    dee
    offline 0

12/18
    Hi pisces! I am new this whole tribe thing and I recently posted a topic in the pisces tribe...please check it out if you get a chance.

01/21
    F@#$ here we go again... Batteries feeling empty, life treating me like a baby treats diapers. I long for hope and understanding, and instead all I get is ambivalence and indifference. Merc retro always seems to find a way to make my life more miserable.

My personal relationships are pretty dead, all of my friends seem to be avoiding contact with me. I would kill for some good sex, but would settle for some heart felt affection.

I get wiggy when frustrated, feel like I'm spinning around in place. Sorry to vent but I'm up to my heckles in aggravation.

01/21
      vent as much as you want, we all have these days.
      rem. that merc retrograde wont last, then everyone can get back on track after its over : )
      VickZ

01/21
        On the other hand, learning how to deal with Mercury retrogrades is a skill worth developing..they happen relatively frequently...might as well try and deal with 'em ..as opposed to simply getting thrown into turbulent waters each time.

That said, I'm in favor of venting. if you wanna kvetch..kvetch away.

Sometimes it's essential..imho.

I hope the road ahead smooths out, Ron>

(remember saturn is teacher not only a pain in the ass. and it's till in virgo opposing uranus and messing with us Pisceans big time.)

01/23
    Had a deep deep mediation as I was waking up this morning. I bombarded my mind with self produced Alpha waves. Pure sine waves of Alpha energy. Kept up the bombardment till I was fully relaxed. Going to blast myself with them every time I start to lose focus.

"All I need is a cool buzz, some tasty waves, and I'm fine dude" - Jeff Spigoli (Sean Penn) from Fast Times At Ridgemont High

02/10
    It's all coming clear to me. I've been drained by others opinions of me. I take on what they think of me as if it was my own feelings. So you know what? Fuck you if you think poorly of me. I don't have to take on your shit. The only persons feelings about me that truly matter are my own. As long as I don't view myself through their lenses, I can keep a more pure vision of what my path is and what I need to do in order to be successful at it.

You can't drain me if I don't take on your crap.

02/10
      Ooo...now THAT'S seksie! ;-)

It's kinda like a vampire....you have to INVITE them in, or else they can't hurt you! :-)
      Yep. Thanks for this.....it makes sense on soooooooooooo many levels!!!

02/10
        Ron ,,, re-charging your own healing energies shouldn't drain you more, and for this long

you msay be doing something that your spirit is saying but you aren't listening

Look for simplicity here, not complex instructions

get in touch with the elements and the rythyms of the earth energies your spirit may be looking to connect with

also ,,, waking up several times during the night is not a disorder,,,,
        just cause some people call it insomnia and society looks at everything as some problem that needs to be solved,,,doesn't mean you have to make their problems yours,,,

waking up during the night may be natural for you r personal internal rythyms,,,

what are you doing during the day ? sometimes a twenty minute nap in the after noon can be refreshing

sometimes even changing to clean socks can be a comfort

02/10
        It all came clear to me after I had MaryEllen draw a Tarot card for me, she drew:

King of Cups, reversed. A reversed King of Cups goes along with the Devil in some ways – this card again shows another thing to watch out for following this transition. This represents a mature and loving, emotional person, who has let their emotions begin controlling their life. The King of Cups may depend too much on others and view himself through the eyes of others. He may fall into delusions or alcoholism, or others forms of escapism to deal with emotional pain. This could show you trapped in a relationship with someone that is dependent and emotional, or a codependency situation. If you can turn the King of Cups around, on the positive side, the King represents a mature and loving person who can be a leader or example for others – in this deck, he represents King Arthur. You may be struggling with self-deception and/or the deceptions of others, and the most important thing in this situation is to see yourself and others as they actually are, with clear and loving eyes, but not foster any sense of dependence or weakness through your own actions.

02/10
        Hey Ron! I am the same exact way! i take it VERY personally and freak out and even try to work with them and try to fix it. So obviously I am always constantly trying to fix me instead of accepting myself. That is exhausting!

02/12
          <Hey Ron! I am the same exact way! i take it VERY personally and freak out and even try to work with them and try to fix it. So obviously I am always constantly trying to fix me instead of accepting myself. That is exhausting!>

I heard someone who I love dearly make some disparaging comments about me behind my back. Threw off my balance for weeks as I struggled with the pain it caused me. But you know what? People have been talking behind my back my entire life. I'm a popular target for derision because I don't lead a conventional life or do things the way normal people do. I don't look the way everyone else does, I don't work a "normal" job, I don't stay in fucked up relationships for the wrong reasons, and I don't think twice about any of it.

You can either accept me for who and what I am, or you can FUCK OFF.

The choice is yours.

02/10
      what am I supposed to do with it if you don't take it? :)

02/10
        What do you do with the rest of your crap that I don't take?

02/11
          I hold it. LOL

Ok enough joking, I do understand what you are saying or at least I think I do. It’s so easy to just let people consume you and the next thing you know you are taking on their thoughts and worries and opinions and once you get to that point you feel that you always have to fulfill their expectations. You lose yourself in that person, it is crazy. It is so draining.

02/11
            Thanks Chris that is exactly my point. We make our own reality, we shape it with our actions in the present. The past is history, the future may never arrive, but we have this moment to control our actions and forge our destiny.

"To thy own self be true" - William Shakespeare

02/11
              Not to go with the superficial, carnal answer- but um...

sex, cuddling, quality time with the one you love (if you get along with them) in general, and then sleep!

02/12
                Piper honey, you have hit upon my favorite stress relief! Sex and loving always make me feel bright and shiny again. It's a great way to recharge my batteries and get me ready to go out and take on the world.

11/08
    Feeling it again, damned drain. Recharged for a while with my girls today that was joy, amazing how 3 young little girls can pull you out of a funk quickly. I spent all day laughing today it was fab. Yet I still feel drained and tired, can't seem to shake it no matter how happy I am.

Powerful sensitive phase starting again, my emotional radar has gone berserk. All the gauges are in the red zones. Can't turn down my empathy, it's set to KILL.

Ugh.
    • Unsu...

11/09
      Yeah, well Ron, not so very hard to see why you are drained. You have transiting mr. saturn opposite natal Mr. saturn, so you have weighted far too many responsibilities on your poor shoulder. That's what both mr. Saturns tell me. You need to examine your *must do* list and delete anything that feels draining. Do you perhaps feel you need to heal the entire world? Well, you don't. Both mr. Saturns will be very happy if you would only feel responsible for own actions. You hold no responsibility for the shit of others.
      Have a nice day!

11/09
        I concur with Unsubconscious. ;-)

Saturn periodically needs some attention. Here's an exercise my Astrologer gave me....it really helped!

"A good homework assignment would be to take a journal, take a couple of pages in it and write down every pressure/duty/expectation/obligation/expectation/should that you feel. Spend a couple of days making that list, make it be a couple pages long. Then go back and identify each one of these--this is clearly the Saturn messages. And they’re very strong in your chart. Identify each one as to its source. Which of them come from you? Which come from a religion you no longer practice? Which come from somebody else? Which are a marriage of you and somebody else? Now do you have the courage to go through that list and with a big black marker, draw a line through those that aren’t connected to you at all? Do you have the strength of character to become more self-disciplined, more self-restrained, self-responsible with the ones that are left? Those are YOUR true pressures/ought to’s/responsibilities --the INTERNALIZED voice of Saturn. "

Saturn asks us to take back our AUTHORity from others and become the Author of our own lives.

ONE MORE THING about feeling drained. Often, those of us who are spiritual think we have to give our own energy to other people. A better thing to do is to keep clear and clean and CHANNEL the energy of the Sun, Moon, Earth, Sea, Sky, etc. (Spiritual energy) THROUGH ourselves to others.

This involves learning to take in energy from the Beauty of Life around us......and to let it nurture our souls.

If we simply give the energy we have (on our own), it is easy to get drained.

It is important to link to the Spiritual as much as possible throughout the day.....and to let the energy of Nature be absorbed into our open-spaces.....

:-)

A great book that taught me good ways to do this:

"Initiation" by Elizabeth Jenkins

www.amazon.com/Initiation.../ref=sr_1_3

The first book of Redfield's "Celestine Prophecy" also gives tips for getting energy from one's environment and channeling it for the good of all.

Perhaps it's time for an Initiation............

11/09
          Actually, Saturn has been driving a great big truckload of responsibilities through my soul. I have realized that I am responsible for many things that are outside of my area. Cutting the extra load down has been taxing. It is very easy for me to take on too much, I do try to help others as much as I can.

I do feel responsibility to the ones that I love, but lately the returns from that proposition have been low. Makes me feel that I'm not doing enough or I'm not doing it right. Hard to be objective when so much emotional information is being thrust upon me. I can feel Saturn pointing to the things that are most important to me, yet at the same time I'm being overwhelmed by emotional information that is critical to others, and is relevant to the states of my various relationships.

I can see the resolution to the responsibilities I need to cope with for myself. I'm walking on a tight rope while others toss things at me that knock me off balance, and distract from the focus I need to stay on the tight rope.

My Saturn needs to take some spa time as far as I'm concerned. Where does one send ones Saturn for a vacation?

11/09
    I lie around until the energy drain really starts getting on my own nerves, then I get smart and meditate. Try a salt bath too. And just take it easy. I have a move coming up and trying to figure out how I was going to coordinate it all was draining, until I figured it out today. Is there anything that you might be worried about, but aren't aware that you're worrying about it? If that fails, try sugar free red bull. It has alot of vitamin B to counteract caffeine jitters :)

11/10
      I found Chi-Gong and Thi Chi completely INVALUABLE in getting in touch with your energy - oh, and stay away from liars, cheaters and others who take away your energy as well.

11/10
        I heard that if neptunians feel drained, they need to get in touch with their "divine" side-like paint something, or cook something artsy, or just do something totally redundant, like that..lolhowever, they don't say what's to do if you're so drained you cannot pick up the brush.

11/11
          Ron ((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))!
          That's me sending you a chi transmission

take a vacation
          meet me in mexico and bring your old acoustic

Recent topics in "Pisces"