Advertisement

Pisces and being introverted

topic posted Mon, March 16, 2009 - 8:01 AM by  Chris
Share/Save/Bookmark
I am curious to hear how many Pisces find themselves introverted. I know I am. I mean once I am comfortable I can talk with the best of them but I usually enjoy hanging out and listening and observing and adding inputs or a joke when it feels right other than being a main player in a conversation.

Just curious if this is some kind of Pisces trait or do most of you feel extroverted.
posted by:
Chris
Alabama
Advertisement
  • Re: Pisces and being introverted

Mon, March 16, 2009 - 8:23 AM
    people with 12th house planets and pisces suns seem to be the introverted champions but i'm just as interested as you chris in finding out how differently they're introvert tendencies materialise, if at all, or to what degree.

Mon, March 16, 2009 - 11:54 AM
    I am very introverted. I would say I have my moments where I won't shut up but for the most part I like to be the supreme observer and add my little perceptions when the mood stricks (which is actually really often).

Tue, March 17, 2009 - 5:48 AM
      Your description could have been written for me.

When you add your perceptions do you find that people look at you like you are crazy only to come up to you later and tell you they just got it?

Tue, March 17, 2009 - 6:17 PM
        I am both extremes!

I am SO shy that I often over compensate! I get nervous (date or something) I ramble on about nothing.

And there are times when I won't say a word at all, when I'm in a room where I know no one like if on a date and it's all his friends. The quietness developed as I got older though I think just learned more decorum or something.

Mon, March 16, 2009 - 1:31 PM
    I took a day-long workshop on the Myers-Briggs personality test.....and came out to be just over-the-edge Extraverted! That surprised me, but it's true. really.

Basically what they told us is that Extraverts get energy from being with lots of people, and Introverts do not get energy from being with lots of people.

But I think you have to study the whole Natal Chart to see if a person has that kind of energy......we are so much more than our Sun-Signs!

ENTP

Mon, March 16, 2009 - 3:29 PM
      I'm still an INFJ, since I first took the test about 20 years ago. I guess age has loosened me up a bit with people, but I'm definitely not an attention seeker. I have no issues with that though - I'm me.

Tue, March 17, 2009 - 5:38 AM
      I took that test back in college and I forgot what they said I was. I do remember that it said I was introverted but I forgot what the four letters were. I think I might look for it online and see if I can take it again.

The problem I have is I do get energy from being around a lot of people but then I have a hard time calming down that can take days too do. Ugh, what to do.

Tue, March 17, 2009 - 9:56 PM
        I've always tested majority INTJ ( i've done "E" maybe twice ) but mostly due to work, I turn the extroversion on or off as I need to
        But my preference is in the " I " mode. I prefer to listen, interjecting if I feel strongly about something or someone.

That said, I've never had problems conversing on almost any topic with anyone.

Wed, March 18, 2009 - 7:28 AM
        I took two online Myers Briggs test and they both said that I am INFP.

I don't know how it would compare with actually taking it from an official administrator compared to a website that lets you do it for free, but I still find it insightful and fun. :)

Wed, March 18, 2009 - 8:21 AM
          INFP makes sense for pisces. very dedicated to their partners, almost lives for the emotional merging with them. and is introverted. : )
          feelers tend to be able to get through the defenses of thinkers which is why they match so well, f's and t's.

Thu, May 28, 2009 - 1:45 PM
    I'm deeeefinitely an extrovert- always have been and always will be. I think it has a lot to do with my aries ascendant and my scorpio moon- I want to get what I want, and talking and chatting are definitely my ways of doing it.

I'm pretty sure I also have a gemini in my chart somewhere relating to communication- so I enjoy speaking to others and persuading them and telling jokes.

But, as a pisces, I definitely need time to myself to veg- a lot of time. I'll put on a show and be entertaining for those I don't know well, but for those that I do- I'm mostly a listener, and love to just relax and enjoy some quiet down time. :)

Sat, May 30, 2009 - 8:36 PM
    Not all Pisces are introverts. I knew a Pisces woman with Leo rising who was the life of the party. I was in shock when I found out she was a Pisces. And I know another extremely extraverted Pisces woman. Also shocked when I found out what her sign was. She is highly competitive, always has to be the best at everything, and is, well to put it delicately, rather overbearing.

And, like someone else has already said, introversion is a preference and is not the same as shyness. I have a preference for introversion but I'm not shy. I have a job that involves lots of talking to total strangers, and I love it.

Sun, May 31, 2009 - 9:15 AM
    I used to tend toward being the shy Cancer rising type, introverted and introspective. Then I learned that people respond when I let the looney Moon Child in me out to play.

Performing music really forced me out of my comfortable little shell and put my Moon Child on display!

Sag Moon banishes many of my shy tendencies these days. Helps me to go directly after what I want when I see it.

Sat, July 4, 2009 - 12:28 PM
      I'm a Pisces sun/Cancer-rising moon child too (though my rising's on the cusp with leo - & also a big fat jupiter in the first house!!)

I can really feel/embody both energies... the sweet very shy moon-child... & also the direct jovial instigator!

It really just depends on the moment......

Myers-Briggs: INFP ~ though every characteristic is roughly a cusp, except for the N.....

Sun, July 5, 2009 - 12:15 PM
        ENFP I think - champion idealist....I was very shy as a child, hiding well behind Mother's skirts, [though not too shy to sing/recite (don't recall which) 'Who fed me at her tender breast... ' at church one Mother's Day at ooh 5, or read aloud/play piano to order] but shifted fundamentally maybe when the progressed sun entered Aries..Btw I have two planets in the 12th but 1st house sun......

Recent topics in "Pisces"